Errors Importing from Zendesk

• 31 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

A few weeks back I managed to get >90% of out last few years Zendesk tickets imported. Just finished the code to convert phone calls to tickets so I thought I'd import the last 3 weeks tickets, comes to ~250 so not many.

It doesn't seem to import any of them! They all error with:

"It should be one of these values: '[our list of call types]'

I'm hand checked the Zendesk tickets and for the most part they do have a call type that matches the list in Freshdesk.

I must be missing something if the import worked fine last time.

Regards,

Andy

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Andy,

Were you able to get the tickets imported on further attempts? Assuming you're using our API to import tickets, the error code should be fairly easy to crack. Please let us know if you're still working on the import and we'll be glad to assist you further. 

Also, I would like to bring to your notice , a couple of free apps available on our marketplace to import data from Zendesk. You can find them here

Cheers!

Userlevel 2

Hello, I guess the answer is a little late for now. However, we believe it will help others with a similar issue. 

You can use Help Desk Migration to complete your data migration. You will need no coding expertise or API research to move Zendesk database to Freshdesk. By the way, together with Tickets, the automated tool will migrate all Users, Agents, Attachments, Notes, Custom Fields, etc. And the data structure will be preserved. You can also try it for free.

You can find more information about Zendesk to Freshdesk data migration here: https://help-desk-migration.com/zendesk-to-freshdesk-migration/

Userlevel 2

Hey @andy.beamish @marketing_18518 

We currently have an internal feature to import/migrate your data from Zendesk into Freshdesk. Please navigate to Admin and scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you see Account Settings, and click on the “Import data from Zendesk”. 

Key in your Zendesk Account Deatils and select what you need import, to move all your data from Zendesk to Freshdesk. 

Refer to the Zendesk migration guide before you import the data.

Happy Freshdesk-ing!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there,

It seems that all failed tickets have call recordings. Freshdesk doesn’t support call recording - you need Freshcaller. 

However, you can migrate them as ticket attachments with an automated migration app. You just pick to transfer data from Zendesk to Freshdesk. And, while mapping data, you select an automated option, to migrate call recordings. 

If you don’t choose this option, the tool just skipped them and migrate tickets alone.

I hope this might be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Tetiana