Flakey behavior - SLOOOW e-mail assignment & auto-close tickets

• 4 February 2013
  • 5 replies

For the last hour or so, Freshdesk has been experiencing the following problems:

* Tickets opened via e-mail have taken 20 minutes or more (some have not been opened yet and it has been over an hour)

* Tickets opened via the web interface are closed immediately by the system (no human intervention).

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

-Tom Smith, Park School, Brookline, MA

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Our tickets are currently taking over half an hour to come into FreshDesk from our customer support email.  We also have several tickets where the initial customer email isn't showing up, but any replies they send are.

Email support is not working for us at this time, I am receiving emails from the helpdesk, but sending replies/new tickets is not processing.  I just made a ticket with Freshdesk (via web portal since support@freshdesk.com isn't working).

Ticket # 30838

Update - email from Vijay.

Apologies
for the inconvenience caused.

Our Mail service Provider - Sendgrid is facing some issues and are working on
it, there is a delay of 20-30 mins. We will update you immediately once this is
fixed.

Hi Guys

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Our Mail service Provider - Sendgrid is facing some issues and are working on it, there is a delay of 20-30 mins. We will update you immediately once this is fixed.

regards

Vijay

OK. I just spoke with a technical support representative from Freshdesk. The slow e-mail issue is a problem with Freshdesk's mail provider, and they are working to resolve this issue.

The other problem about auto-closed tickets submitted via the web is my user error. I mistakenly interpreted the "Save and Close" button to mean "Save the ticket and close the window". DUH! Beginner error.

- Tom

Hi Guys

Just an update

http://support.sendgrid.com/entries/23079388-4-feb-2013-intermittent-delays-in-email-parsing-system

regards

Vijay