Some problems with the forum

• 19 February 2013
  • 1 reply

We have come across a few problems in the forums and I'm not sure if anything of this has been mentioned yet, so I'll just put all of it in one post.

First of all (and that is a huge problem!), if a thread has more than 25 replies, it goes to a second page and the first post on this page is totally wrong.

You can see what I mean here: https://support.freshdesk.com/categories/2/forums/6/topics/173?page=2

The first post looks like it's from a Dustin and it has an "I like this idea" button, so it kinda looks like it's the first post overall.

Well, it isn't. And I bet it's not from Dustin but from somebody else. Our customers are really angry about this because there are posts that look like they are from them but they are not.

Another thing: When I go to the forums and there is a thread that has 3 pages, I have probably already read the first two. So I'd like to be able to go to the 3rd page quickly. But that doesn't work because there is no way to get to the third page from the overview and the "Next" buttons are on the bottom of the page of a thread only. 

Couldn't you add a button on the top of the page as well? And a quick link to the last page (overview)?

Or is there a way that I can add or change this and I have just missed it?

Oh and quoting another post should be possible!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Vera,

Thank you so much for notifying us about this. I am sorry that we hadn't figured this out earlier. Our developers are looking into it and will be fixed soon. 

I have passed your other requirements, like adding a Next button on the top of the thread as well, to the team. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks again!

Annapoorna