Unpredicted search function forums

• 9 August 2011
  • 6 replies

• Contributor
  • 6 replies

Searching the forums has unpredicatable behaviour. Some terms get found and some not, try searching for one of the feedback topics that contains 'ability to forward'. Also it doesn't show a 'No results found' message.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Hi Tom,

We use certain stop keywords like "and" , "to" , etc which are to be ignored during search, so you can use Keywords search like 'ability forward" , if you want to search for "ability to forward". Although, we will address this and ensure, even stop keywords like "and" or "to" are also included.

thanks for bringing this to our attention.

regards

vijay

Hi Vijay,

Thanks again for the quick response. Will you also address the 'no results found' issue?

Also I would like to raise another thing that I noticed. As a notice to your reply on my question I received an HTML (content-type: text/html) email without new lines.

Like this:

'Vijay Shankar also commented on Unpredicted search function forums Vijay Shankar wrote the following "Hi Tom,We use certain stop keywords like "and" , "to" , etc which are to be ignored during search, so you can use Keywords search like 'ability forward" , if you want to search for "ability to forward". Although, we will address this and ensure, even stop keywords like "and" or "to" are also included.   thanks for bringing this to our attention.   regards vijay  "

It would be great to be able to see new lines as well as have a link to the forum message so that I don't have to search for the topic again.

Thanks.

Tom

Any updates on the no results found issue?

Hi Tom

We are in process to update the HTML Editor. Once its included in the Tickets page, all editing,replies,forum replies,notifications will have correct spacing,page breaks etc.

We will be bringing this update soon

Regards

Vijay

Have this problem also. Yesterday I read this forum post https://support.freshdesk.com/categories/2/forums/6/topics/4724 and remember it. Today I decided to vote on it and it was not easy to find it, bacause if you search it with the word "Solutions", "Solution", "solution", "Name", "Ability" and so on there is no this topic in results, but with the word "rename" it appears. I suppose this is because search function display only 10 first results, if so, then how can we see more results?
Hi Folks

Sorry for the trouble caused here.

We are going to be making some changes in the upcoming weeks to our system and we hope to make some enhancements on search as well.

I have already raised this but will try to move the developers little bit more on this regards

Vijay