Solved

User deletion time

I have a user that used to have an account with his email, but things got moved around, and I want him to take over an existing account.   I tried to rename the user, was told he has an account and I have to remove it.

So I deleted that account.  Now I tried to change the email to that and receive the following “Please retry in a while, the permanent deletion of this contact is still being processed.”

That has been more than 24 hours, how long does it take, that user had no tickets, no work, was more of a placeholder!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Keer 4 June 2021, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Uplevl_lray, I hope you are doing well. Ideally the permanent deletion time is proportional to the data linked to the user. Since you are mentioning that the contact has no data, this should not be the case. 

We’ll create a ticket and get back to you right away to look into this further. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Uplevl_lray, thanks for confirming over mail that the issue is sorted. This was an edge-case scenario where the deletion was stuck in the backend. 

If you are facing any issues with contact detetion in the future, please write to support@freshdesk.com right away and our support buddies would help you further. Have a good day!