Question

How to set-up download/lead magnet

• 14 September 2022
  • 10 replies

I’m trying to achieve what I think should be a simple requirement, but getting no-where.

I have a report on my website that I want to offer for download, but only if people share their contact details. 

My plan had been:

• Have a form on my website - integrated via tracking code
  • Use a journey to subscribe users to relevant mailing lists and send the email with report link

Simple? Not really. I can’t see how to trigger a journey based on a form submission. I was going to pass a hidden field with which report they wanted into the CRM, then trigger the journey based on the that field, Unfortunately fresh forms don’t seem to be able to handle hidden fields. 

What are other people doing? 

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community! 

Please find the step-by-step journey configuration to achieve this use-case, 

1. The trigger here would be a page visit and you can declare the UTM parameter for the form submission. For example, upon form submission, you can capture the “UTM Source” as “the form name” and the same can be used as a trigger. 
  1. The action here would be sending an email upon the submission, wherein you can add your email template with the report link. 

1. You can also refer to this support article for a detailed explanation on the custom events - https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003013-what-are-the-marketing-events-that-are-captured-as-system-events- 

I hope this helps. 

Do check these out and let me know in case of any further queries, I’ll be happy to help out. 

Have a great day! 

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community! 

Please find the step-by-step journey configuration to achieve this use-case, 

1. The trigger here would be a page visit and you can declare the UTM parameter for the form submission. For example, upon form submission, you can capture the “UTM Source” as “the form name” and the same can be used as a trigger. 
  1. The action here would be sending an email upon the submission, wherein you can add your email template with the report link. 

1. You can also refer to this support article for a detailed explanation on the custom events - https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003013-what-are-the-marketing-events-that-are-captured-as-system-events-  https://apkcalm.com/

I hope this helps. 

Do check these out and let me know in case of any further queries, I’ll be happy to help out. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks man. It solved my problem.

1. Create a form on your website to collect contact details.
  2. After submission, use a webhook or Zapier integration to send the form data to your CRM.
  3. In your CRM, set up automation to trigger a journey or email sequence based on the data received from the form.
Badge

Step 1 – Choose Your Buyer Persona.
Step 2 – Identify Your Value Proposition.
Step 3 – Give Your Lead Magnet a Name.
Step 4– Choose What Type of Lead Magnet You Will Offer.
Step 5 – Create Your Lead Magnet.
Guide/Report.
Cheat Sheet/Handout.
Toolkit/Resource List.

Badge
  1. Define Your Goal: Determine the purpose of your download or lead magnet. Are you looking to build an email list, provide valuable content, generate leads, or achieve another objective? Clarifying your goal will help shape the content and strategy.

2. Choose Your Content: Decide what type of content you want to offer. It could be an e-book, guide, checklist, template, video, webinar, or any other valuable resource that aligns with your target audience's needs and interests.

3. Create Compelling Content: Develop high-quality content of Wow Deals that provides value to your audience. Make it informative, actionable, and visually appealing. Ensure it addresses a specific pain point or solves a problem.

4. Design a Landing Page: Create a dedicated landing page where visitors can access the download or lead magnet. Keep the page clean, visually appealing, and focused on the benefits of the offer. Include an enticing headline, a brief description, and a call-to-action (CTA) button or form to capture visitor information.

1. Content Creation: Create valuable content, such as an eBook or checklist.
  2. Landing Page: Develop a landing page to promote the content.
  3. Collect Info: Add a form to collect user information.
  4. Email Integration: Integrate an email tool to manage leads.
  5. Autoresponder: Set up an automated email to deliver the content.
  6. Promotion: Share the landing page on your website and social media.
  7. Track Results: Monitor performance and adjust as needed.
  8. Follow Up: Continue engaging with leads through email.
  9. Optimize: Improve your lead magnet based on feedback and data.

CEO insta pro apk

Badge

I’m trying to achieve what I think should be a simple requirement, but getting no-where.

I have a report on my website that I want to offer for download, but only if people share their contact details. 

My plan had been:

• Have a form on my website - integrated via tracking code
  • Use a journey to subscribe users to relevant mailing lists and send the email with report link

Simple? Not really. I can’t see how to trigger a journey based on a form submission. I was going to pass a hidden field with which report they wanted into the CRM, then trigger the journey based on the that field, Unfortunately fresh forms don’t seem to be able to handle hidden fields. 

What are other people doing? 

things to do in railay beach

Implementing a complete system for offering a report download in exchange for contact details typically requires a combination of tools and services, including a website, form builder, email marketing platform, and possibly a CRM. Below is a simplified example of how you might implement a basic version of this system using HTML, JavaScript, and a fictional email marketing platform called "EmailService."

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>Download Your Report</title>

</head>

<body>

<h1>Get Your Report</h1>

<form id="downloadForm">

<input type="text" id="name" placeholder="Your Name" required>

<input type="email" id="email" placeholder="Your Email" required>

<button type="submit">Download</button>

</form>

<div id="successMessage" style="display: none;">

<p>Thank you for providing your details. Click the link below to download the report.</p>

<a id="downloadLink" href="#">Download Your Report</a>

</div>

<script src="script.js"></script>

</body>

</html>

JavaScript (script.js):

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function () {

const downloadForm = document.getElementById("downloadForm");

const successMessage = document.getElementById("successMessage");

const downloadLink = document.getElementById("downloadLink");

downloadForm.addEventListener("submit", function (e) {

e.preventDefault();

const name = document.getElementById("name").value;

const email = document.getElementById("email").value;

// Simulate sending contact details to a server (replace with your actual server code).

// In a real application, you would send these details to your email marketing platform.

const user = {

name,

email,

};

// Simulate sending data to your email marketing platform.

EmailService.sendUserData(user, function (response) {

if (response.success) {

downloadLink.href = "report.pdf"; // Replace with the actual download link.

successMessage.style.display = "block";

downloadForm.style.display = "none";

}

});

});

});

// Simulate the EmailService (replace with actual email marketing platform integration).

const EmailService = {

sendUserData: function (user, callback) {

// Simulate sending data to the email marketing platform.

setTimeout(function () {

// Simulate a successful response.

const response = {

success: true,

};

callback(response);

}, 2000);

},

};

This code simulates the process of capturing user details, sending them to an email marketing platform (simulated by the EmailService), and displaying a download link once the data is successfully captured.

In a real-world scenario, you would need to integrate with a specific email marketing platform's API, handle user data securely, and replace the example download link with a link to your actual report file. Additionally, ensure you comply with data privacy regulations and implement appropriate security measures.

Setting up a download or lead magnet on your website can be achieved using different approaches. Here are a couple of options you can consider:

1. Email Marketing Platform: You can use an email marketing platform like Mailchimp, ConvertKit, or Constant Contact. These platforms usually provide features for creating forms, capturing contact details, and delivering lead magnets. You can create a form on your website, integrate it with the platform, and set up an automated email sequence to deliver the report Download link after capturing the contact details.

2. Marketing Automation Tools: If you're looking for more advanced options, marketing automation tools like HubSpot, Marketo, or ActiveCampaign can be useful. These tools offer robust automation capabilities, allowing you to trigger journeys or workflows based on form submissions. You can pass the hidden field with the report preference, trigger the journey based on that field, and automate the delivery of the report via email.

It's recommended to explore the features and capabilities of different platforms to find the one that best fits your specific requirements. Additionally, you can also seek guidance from online communities or forums where other users share their experiences and best practices for setting up download or lead magnet systems on websites.

Badge

Setting up a download or lead magnet on your website can be achieved using different approaches. Here are a couple of options you can consider:

1. Email Marketing Platform: You can use an email marketing platform like Mailchimp, ConvertKit, or Constant Contact. These platforms usually provide features for creating forms, capturing contact details, and delivering lead magnets. You can create a form on your website, integrate it with the platform, and set up an automated email sequence to deliver the report hanging-hyena-word-finder link after capturing the contact details.

2. Marketing Automation Tools: If you're looking for more advanced options, marketing automation tools like HubSpot, Marketo, or ActiveCampaign can be useful. These tools offer robust automation capabilities, allowing you to trigger journeys or workflows based on form submissions. You can pass the hidden field with the report preference, trigger the journey based on that field, and automate the delivery of the report via email.

It's recommended to explore the features and capabilities of different platforms to find the one that best fits your specific requirements. Additionally, you can also seek guidance from online communities or forums where other users share their experiences and best practices for setting up download or lead magnet systems on websites.