Freshping is on to a good start. The interface is nice.
- Dependencies to prevent a flood of alerts if an edge router dies (I got sick of monitus promising this but never delivering).
- Maintenance windows (that cascade through the dependencies).
- Automatically generate PDF uptime reports configurable across any time period for a range of devices.
Our staff don't want awakened at 3am for a minor website going down so there needs to be:-
- Per device alert levels
- End user contact groups (e.g. on-call, daytime-only).
- Configurable time windows (24/7, working hours, daytime only, night time)
Currently using nodeping as it does most of the above but it's a bit "clunky".
Also SMS and voice alerts need to be integrated. I don't want to be setting up and debugging 3rd party services like Twilio. It's an extra layer of billing/support/faultfinding I just don't need.