Question

Company Contact vs. Lead Contact

Badge

I am new to the platform and having an issue deciding how to enter Contacts for Accounts (existing customers) vs Contacts for new Leads (potential customers). If I want to enter another employee that works for my existing customer, do I really need to take them through a Lifecycle and mark them closed/won? It seems like a lot of extra work and will mess up my monthly reports. Any advice on how to quickly add a Contact to an existing Account without taking them through the Lifecycle? Thanks in advance! 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks community! 

A contact can be added directly as well without having them created as a lead first. The process of having a lead and then converting it to a contact can be applied only when the prospect is new and have to go through the pre-sales flow. 

However, since the Account is already present (an existing customer) but a different contact is dealt from the account, then they can be created as a contact directly. While creating the contact, the Account can be linked to them. 

Every contact has a field called “Accounts” wherein the existing account’s name can be entered to link them. 

PFA screenshot below for reference, 

I hope this helps.
Please do refer to the above suggestion and keep us posted in case of further queries, we’ll be glad to be of help. 

Have a great day!

Badge

Thank you. It is still asking for Lifecycle stage (Lead)  and Status (New). 

Badge

In the quick add...

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Thanks for writing back. 

While creating the contact, you can mark the lifecycle stages and statuses as customer and won respectively. This way, the contact will be directly marked to the won stage without having to go through the stages. 

PFA screenshot below for reference, 

I hope this helps. Do let me know in case of further queries. 

Badge

Thanks again. The “Won” stage for Contacts is one I am still trying to get my head wrapped around. I have never marked a Contact Won. I have always marked a Deal/Opportunity Won. Typical workflow in my career is  Contact to Lead to Deal/Opportunity to Closed (Won/Lost). From there they become a customer and a new Lifecycle begins.