Question

Create new Contact after payment is made

Badge

Really stuck on this one….

I created a webform for customers to fill out right before they get to our stripe payment page so that we can auto create contacts in Freshsales. Great idea! Though I realized that they may move on to the payment page and then decide not to enter payment and close the window (if they change their mind of course). I really wanted to send an automated Thank You email as soon as a payment was made and at first was going to trigger a workflow tied to the webform (when contact is in webform product type then send email) something like that. 

Have no clue how to set this up after payment is made through stripe without bothering our developers because they are too busy with product to help with API.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community. 

Could you help me with the below information to proceed with configuring the flow further? 

1. Are you tracking the payments through any method such as an entry in an excel sheet when the payment is confirmed or any other mode? 
  2. If yes, we can use this as a trigger to send the email to the clients who have paid. 
  3. The other alternative would be using a 3rd party tool to link stripe and Freshsales suite to create/update a contact whenever there is a new payment is made in stripe. 

PFA screenshot below for reference

Based on this creation/update action, you can configure a workflow to send out the email to the clients who have made the payment. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Please do let me know in case of any further queries, I’ll be happy to help out. 

Have a great day!

Badge

Thanks for the response! No, we are not tracking it in excel, payments are recorded in our accounting system Quickbooks and we get an email when there is a new payment. 

There are 2 different pricing levels for the subscription we offer, so I want to send a custom thank you email for both subscriptions. Ex. Thank you for subscribing to SUBSCRIPTION A , AND Thank you for subscribing to SUBSCRIPTION B. Is it possible for the zapier link to identify whether it is payment A or B?