Question

Full-page app not showing up in Freshsales

• 24 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I am adding a custom app to our Freshsales Suite, and things seem to show up correctly for the Contact menu.

Is full page app supported in Freshsales?

If not, it would be fantastic if the documentation mentioned where things do or don’t work, depending on the app.

For example, using “freshsales” in the manifest DOES NOT WORK, but “freshworks_crm” does.

7 replies

Collect 

When adding a custom app to Freshsales Suite, it's great that things are showing up correctly for the Contact menu. Regarding full page app support in Freshsales, it would be helpful if the documentation provided clarity on where certain features do or don't work. It's worth noting that using "freshworks_crm" instead of "freshsales" in the manifest seems to resolve the issue. It's always beneficial to have clear Installation documentation to ensure smooth integration and development.

Badge

To ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend referring to the Freshsales documentation or contacting their support team directly.

Regarding the manifest file, it's possible that the platform has changed the way it handles app names or namespaces. If using "freshsales" in the manifest file doesn't work, but "freshworks_crm" does, it suggests that the latter is the correct namespace to use for your app in Freshsales.

To get the most accurate information and guidance specific to your scenario, I recommend referring to the Freshsales documentation or reaching out to their support team for assistance. They will be able to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information regarding app development and compatibility with the Freshsales Suite.

As of my last update in September 2021, full-page apps were not officially supported in Freshsales. It's essential to refer to their official documentation for the latest updates and features regarding their App Development platform, as platform capabilities may have changed since then. Your feedback on improving documentation clarity is valid and can be beneficial for both developers and users. Consider providing this feedback directly to Freshsales to help them enhance their documentation.

Badge

Freshsales supported custom apps in the form of "sidebar apps" but did not support "full-page apps." A sidebar app is an app that appears as a widget in the sidebar of the Freshsales user interface, typically accessible from various pages such as Contacts, Deals, Accounts, etc. This sidebar app allows you to extend the functionality of Freshsales by adding custom actions or integrations related to the specific page where it appears.

On the other hand, a full-page app would mean an app that takes over the entire Freshsales interface or opens in a new browser tab, providing a more extensive user interface and functionality beyond what the sidebar app can offer.

The app manifest for Freshsales would indeed need to use "freshworks_crm" to work correctly, as opposed to using "freshsales". This might be specific to the way the platform is organized internally.

Since the information may have changed after my last update, I recommend checking Freshsales' official documentation or reaching out to their support team to get the most up-to-date information on app development and supported app types. They might have made updates or introduced new features that allow for different types of custom apps.

Badge
  1. Check App Installation: Ensure that the full-page app is properly installed in Freshsales. Go to the Freshsales app marketplace or integration settings to verify that the app is installed and activated for your account.

2. App Permissions: Check if the full-page app of manatoki requires specific permissions to function correctly. Make sure that the necessary permissions are granted to the app in your Freshsales account.

3. Refresh the Page: Sometimes, browser caching issues can prevent apps from loading correctly. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that resolves the problem.

4. Compatibility: Ensure that the full-page app is compatible with your version of Freshsales and any other integrated apps. Check for any known compatibility issues or updates that may need to be applied.

"Hey, I've been working on a custom app for Freshworks CRM, and I'm having trouble with the app's visibility within the interface. I've configured the manifest file with the correct information and set it to appear as a side panel app for contact records, but for some reason, it's not showing up where it should. I've double-checked the manifest, and it seems accurate. Any ideas on what might be causing this sitework estimating issue? I'd really appreciate any help or insights from the community!" 

In this scenario, "CRMPro" is seeking assistance from the Freshworks CRM community to troubleshoot an issue with their custom app's visibility within the CRM interface, despite following the documentation and manifest file configuration.