Question

Add a new user on a already created ticket using workflow?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Is it possible to add a new requester on another requester ticket?

What I want (if possible):
Hr department will open a service request.
A workflow will create task base on the service requests fields (already created workflow and 100% working)
Inside the service request, HR need to indicate the employee manager.
Is it possible to add this manager on the created service request ticket so this manager can follow the ticket, add notes, comments, etc?

Thank you

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @maxlehot1234

Is this a general request or part of a onboarding? 
You can do it using the API and webhook/webrequest  ( Don’t know why the direct link say update ticket priority ) 
https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#update_ticket_priority
https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003705-web-request-node

Ping @zachary.king , you hade a good onboarding setup ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

It is not possible to do this using the Workflow, actions ?

It would be really useful to do.

Thanks for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It is not possible to do this using the Workflow, actions ?

It would be really useful to do.

Thanks for the reply

Yes you use the Webrequest node or the Webhook option the in the Action node. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So I guess we need some clarity. Do you want to simply change the requester from the “HR” requester to the “Employee Manager” requester? If so then follow @daniel.soderlund suggestion and update the requester via workflow and the web request node hitting the freshservice API. 

If you are wanting to add the “Employee Manager” requester to the ticket so now that both them and the “HR” requester can see the ticket in the support portal, then this functionality doesn’t exist. You can’t have multiple requesters assigned to a ticket.

A work around could possibly be to execute Daniel’s suggestion to change the requester after the ticket is created but also have the HR Requester be part of all/some “Departments” that the Employee Managers are a part of, then set the HR requester to be able to see all tickets for their departments. This way the HR Requester can navigate to the specific department the Employee Manager belongs too and still follow the ticket in the support portal.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

In fact, I want to add the employee Manager on a ticket created by someone in the HR departement.
If its not possible, can I do something that allow the employee manager to reply to an email and his reply will be added to the ticket without the manager being added on the ticket?

Thank you so much, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In fact, I want to add the employee Manager on a ticket created by someone in the HR departement.
If its not possible, can I do something that allow the employee manager to reply to an email and his reply will be added to the ticket without the manager being added on the ticket?

Thank you so much, 

Yes you could have the agent send a forward to the Employee Manager from the ticket, as long as the employee manger replies to that forward thread, it will add his response as a private note to the ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you so much, 

Yes you could have the agent send a forward to the Employee Manager from the ticket, as long as the employee manger replies to that forward thread, it will add his response as a private note to the ticket.

So I can do this using the workflow or I need to do something else?
So sorry to ask all of these things :(

Thanks a lot for your time

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No worries, the more questions the merrier as we help to solve these business problems. Unfortunately you cannot forward through workflow that I know of. You would have to manually forward the ticket to the employee manager from within the ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Could try this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If there are a drop down(source all users) where HR select the manager you could do something like this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Both suggestions by @daniel.soderlund are great ways to solve this!!! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

No worries, the more questions the merrier as we help to solve these business problems. Unfortunately you cannot forward through workflow that I know of. You would have to manually forward the ticket to the employee manager from within the ticket.

Its kinda time consuming with more than 10 changes per month, sometimes, more than this…

Maybe FreshService devs can implement this to fix this?

Thanks for the reply btw

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Its kinda time consuming with more than 10 changes per month, sometimes, more than this…

Maybe FreshService devs can implement this to fix this?

Thanks for the reply btw

You can send a e-mail with workflow automation as I posted.