Question

Add IT Support Hours to Requester Notifications

• 7 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Guys

We are in the middle of configuring Freshservice and would like to include the IT support hours in requester notifications. I can see how to do that manually but i was rather hoping i could use a variable or other efficient means to avoid manually pasting the opening hours into each requester notification. 

Note: I have updated the “Business Hours” but sadly cant see a way of referencing that either. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys

We are in the middle of configuring Freshservice and would like to include the IT support hours in requester notifications. I can see how to do that manually but i was rather hoping i could use a variable or other efficient means to avoid manually pasting the opening hours into each requester notification. 

Note: I have updated the “Business Hours” but sadly cant see a way of referencing that either. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Did you try to do it via workflow automator? 

like if ticket is raised beyond business hours of the group → email this to the requestor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi There,

Not sure if below is what you are after but i have the support hours added as below.

Every new ticket gets below.

Cheers

Tshepo

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @mythumbsclick, unfortunately there isn’t an easy way to access the service desk business hours as a placeholder that you could just plug into the requester email notification templates. This would be bet case scenario, so I suggest taking your suggestion and adding it here as an idea so that we can upvote it and get it in front of the product team. 

The mentioned solutions above are viable ways to send a single response to a requester at the time of ticket creation and have only one spot to adjust the hours as needed.

Another option would be to create a custom object that contains records of your business hours and then use the reader node in Workflow Automator to reference a specific record and output its value dynamically.

Hope that helps some, take care!