Question

Adding attachments to alerts in Freshservice

• 27 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Team, hope you are all well!

I was wondering if it is possible to have attachments added to alerts that have been configured as emails in the monitoring tools (or if this might be a feature request).

We have some systems that don’t support webhooks so we have set them up as emails. Many of these systems can sometimes have files attached to them with more information regarding the alert such as logs. When the mail comes and the alert is created all attachments are ignored and we can’t see them. I know the easiest way to solve this is to not use AMS and just have them send a normal email to our Freshservice and generate a ticket that will have all attachments as normal. The problem is that we would like to have it done through AMS to reduce noise as not all alerts need to create an incident since they are informational, yet our team would like to review them occasionally. They also might not have any attachments at all if not required. As for alerts that do create incidents, the files should also be attached there of course so our agents can view them.

I am interested to hear your thoughts and ideas on this, maybe it is already possible and I just don’t know how to do it, or if not, and many people have this use case we could request it from FW to add in the future.

Wishing everyone a happy week!

2 replies

I second this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @elobato this would be a great addition. I might suggest as a workaround for now, using a workflow automator that handles the noise of the emails just creating tickets. This way you could auto-close the unnecessary email alert tickets, keep the ones you want, and still get all the attachments with the current email to ticket functionality.

Just a thought :)