Solved

Adding CC to Service Request via API

• 1 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I see that you can add a CC to a service request via the built in forms but I would like to add a CC to a service request that I am creating with the API.  I can create the service request successfully via the API but I don’t see a way to add the CC.  

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by ggallaway 1 September 2022, 23:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have a similar use case where we want to add a CC to a ticket using the API. Hope Freshservice can enable this in the next release

Badge

It looks like you can add a cc on a new ticket through the API but not on a ticket that already exists.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We have worked around this by using the reply API call and including CC’d recipients, which adds them to the ticket as cc’d. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have worked around this by using the reply API call and including CC’d recipients, which adds them to the ticket as cc’d. 

Hi @ggallaway  
I found that option too but we want to add the CC users without sending them an email first. 

When I look at the changelog of api.freshservice the last update is from Sept 2017. Does this mean there are no updates or new features being implemented on the API side? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@RichardR there have been updates to the API recently, so I would say they just didn't update the date on that field. It is probably worth posting the idea to the feature ideas forum. Along similar lines, we have asked that we have the ability to add agents as watchers to a ticket via API, which is currently not possible 

Badge

@ggallaway 

I try to update the fwd_addressess via API, is that possible?

Let me explain the use case:

Our helpdesk can not resolve all the problems, that’s why we have solution providers. We contact one of our solution providers uses via a mailing group. We forward the ticket to groupname@solutionprovider.com, in their mail solution the mail is forwarded to X- people. When one of them answers, the answer will create a new ticket…

If I can update for these tickets the fwd_addresses, it will bundle the answers.

Thx for your feedback

It looks like you can add a cc on a new ticket through the API but not on a ticket that already exists.

What is the API call you are using? i can’t seem to find it in the documentation. for service requests specifically