Solved

Agent reply template - change sender based on Company?

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I’ve created a custom sender account - let’s say:   companyname@cydef.ca

I made a new automator workflow that checks the Requester and then sends them an email using the email address above (as opposed to our usual support@cydef.ca).

Ticket is created and initial outbound email has gone using custom email address.

So far so good.

What I’d like to do is set the default sender to companyname@cydef.ca on the Agent Reply Template to use this new sending email account and not our primary email account.

Anyone, anyone?  Beuller?  Bueller?  lol!

@rashmi.nag @manns @zachary.king 

Thanks to anyone with suggestions!

Bryn

icon

Best answer by manns 21 October 2022, 10:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Love the Ferris reference but sadly I'm not a Freshservice user (as all I do is write ITSM content). Lots of product experts here to help though. Maybe @ammarkb?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @BrynCYDEF, I am not sure if this will work but it might be worth a shot. When an agent clicks reply the Agent Reply template is invoked by “System” the “From” field of the reply allows you to choose any of your support email address. What if you were to add your “Custom Sender account” as a support email but not setup the redirect rule to the freshservice generated email address, so that no tickets get created in freshservice.

Just a thought. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Shoot! @BrynCYDEF now that I read your inquiry a little closer you probably have already done what I stated above 🤦🏻 lol.

I don’t know of a way to set the Custom Sender Account as the default sender email address only for Agent Replies without setting it as the default help desk email under Support Channels > Email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello @BrynCYDEF, I am not sure if this will work but it might be worth a shot. When an agent clicks reply the Agent Reply template is invoked by “System” the “From” field of the reply allows you to choose any of your support email address. What if you were to add your “Custom Sender account” as a support email but not setup the redirect rule to the freshservice generated email address, so that no tickets get created in freshservice.

Just a thought. :)

Hi @zachary.king ty for the idea and yeah, the customer sender email does appear in the drop down menu for the agent to select when composing their reply.

Unfortunately I was told this was an unacceptable level of torture and no agent would be able to handle such a cruel burden.  </sarcasm>  🤣

So I will have to see if the FW Support can help me.  @support ?  I’ll probably open a ticket.

Also, FWIW, I meant to click Like on @manns comment but hit the Best Answer by mistake and although it’s quite amusing to me, I’m concerned that there is no way to remove the Best Answer and put it back to Unsolved.

That seems like a flaw in the forum design, no?  @rashmi.nag 

Thanks again guys!