Question

Anyone using FreshService for tracking repairs of devices in inventory along with the parts for repair?

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I work in a K12 school district, we have thousands of chromebooks and I’d like to start syncing our chromebook fleet from Google Admin Console to FreshService’s Inventory module so we can better track their lifecycle, status, and repairs. I’m going to custom script this, because I’m not a fan of the app that can sync devices from FreshService.

Is anyone doing something like this? Ideally I would like to have a service request item that we can link to the chromebook being repaired, indicate the repair needed, link that to an item in inventory where we keep a qty/count of those items and what company they belong to (We operate in MSP mode, as we support multiple school districts).

I would need to figure out the workflow for how the service requests get put in from the end-user side along with the workflow on the side of our technicians, showing the status of where it’s at in the repair process, and what parts were used to fix it and consume those parts from the inventory in FreshService.

I’m wondering if FreshService is the right product for this kind of workflow or not or if anyone else is doing anything similar?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hey @jg8675309, sorry that I don’t come with an answer, but I am interested in what possible solutions other Community members have. Tagging a few @BrynCYDEF @keefe.andrews @Daniel Söderlund @sanofar.allahpichai.

I have a feeling one of these bright individuals will be able to point you in the right direction.

Take care!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@jg8675309 I do know that the inventory and ticket based workflow automations are separate. You can build a workflow that could create and associate projects or tasks related to a repair or replacement depending on how complex the service is. I know the stage status on a SR item can be shown to the requester. Here is a quick link to the ones that are available to us. https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000609-how-to-change-the-delivery-stages-of-a-service-request-