Question

API Backup of Freshservice Workflows?

• 14 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I was taking a look at the Workflow Automator within Freshservice as well as the API, and I can’t seem to find a way to export or create a backup of the workflows. In the event of any sort of outage or loss of data, we would like to be able to restore/upload elements that are specific to our org such as the workflows.

Does anyone have any methods for handling this?

Thanks,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,

I was taking a look at the Workflow Automator within Freshservice as well as the API, and I can’t seem to find a way to export or create a backup of the workflows. In the event of any sort of outage or loss of data, we would like to be able to restore/upload elements that are specific to our org such as the workflows.

Thanks,

I haven’t seen any way to export the worksflows so we document them in a flowchart system we use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Thanks,

I haven’t seen any way to export the worksflows so we document them in a flowchart system we use.

Do you mind sharing what you use to document those workflows externally? Been looking for a solution for this. I have a Confluence page dedicated to the list of workflows but it only contains links to them in freshservice. Not a great solution if we can’t get access to freshservice for some reason.

I have been pushing the product team for a better way to manage workflow automators, when you have large numbers of them it is extremely tedious to find which ones you are looking for. Even search capability would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I just use Visio and make a document of the workflow to share with the business owners so they understand the input, automation and what parts are not automated.  I use the Visio as change control as well, when ever I change a flow I do it there first. Do the real work in FreshService, go back and correct Visio based on what I really implement because we all know that it looks one way on paper and another in reality. I store the visio’s in an MS Teams site so I have version history and control there as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,

Thanks,

Do you mind sharing what you use to document those workflows externally? Been looking for a solution for this. I have a Confluence page dedicated to the list of workflows but it only contains links to them in freshservice. Not a great solution if we can’t get access to freshservice for some reason.

I have been pushing the product team for a better way to manage workflow automators, when you have large numbers of them it is extremely tedious to find which ones you are looking for. Even search capability would be greatly appreciated!

We use lucid.app to document the WFA if the customer asks for that is. Done it for my own solutions to get another view of the WFA.