Question

Approval emails

• 29 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We would like to improve our approval email process.  We have the approval emails go out for certain Service Request tickets that need manager approval.  If the approval is not done within 48 hours a reminder approval email is sent out via the “Send a reminder to approvers every X hours” box being checked.

That takes care of half of our issue.  The second half is to find a way to auto close the ticket if the approver has not responded within 5 day of the first approval email that was sent out and email the requester that the approval wasn’t done and the ticket will be closed.

Currently we do this manually.  Someone checks the tickets as to why there is no activity and then has to contact the approver or just close the ticket.

After talking with FW, they don’t have a way to do this.  I was wondering if anyone has come across this and figured out a way to make it work.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We would like to improve our approval email process.  We have the approval emails go out for certain Service Request tickets that need manager approval.  If the approval is not done within 48 hours a reminder approval email is sent out via the “Send a reminder to approvers every X hours” box being checked.

That takes care of half of our issue.  The second half is to find a way to auto close the ticket if the approver has not responded within 5 day of the first approval email that was sent out and email the requester that the approval wasn’t done and the ticket will be closed.

Currently we do this manually.  Someone checks the tickets as to why there is no activity and then has to contact the approver or just close the ticket.

After talking with FW, they don’t have a way to do this.  I was wondering if anyone has come across this and figured out a way to make it work.

Hello, 

Have you tried using a checkbox, field or custom status and using the Supervisor? 
WFA: 
Request is sent out, change status to Waiting approver:
SUperviser rule: 

Status = Waiting approver
Since ticket set in pending 48 hours + 120 hours (168 hours) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 

Have you tried using a checkbox, field or custom status and using the Supervisor? 
WFA: 
SUperviser rule: 

Hey @daniel.soderlund I haven’t tried this so I am curious, if you have a supervisor rule execute a change to a ticket, lets say updates states to pending, and have a WFA that is triggered by “Ticket is updated” will that get triggered by the change executed by the Supervisor rule?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello, 

WFA: 
SUperviser rule: 

Hey @daniel.soderlund I haven’t tried this so I am curious, if you have a supervisor rule execute a change to a ticket, lets say updates states to pending, and have a WFA that is triggered by “Ticket is updated” will that get triggered by the change executed by the Supervisor rule?

Hi @zachary.king .

Currently no, as far as I recall from a previous case I had with them (and is still open). It won’t get triggered. Freshworks is currently working in some enhancements that will let us get to this kind of use cases.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Daniel, Thanks for information.  I will check this to what I can come up with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Daniel, Thanks for information.  I will check this to what I can come up with.

As they say in above it’s not going to work. 

You use a WFA to send out approval? Do you have actions after the approval node? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I have the WFA set to send out the approval email, once approved or rejected, then Actions add more to the ticket.

I created a new Status: Waiting for Approval, added that to the Action that is sending out the approval email.

Created a Supervisor rule that looks for the new Status and when Hours since waiting for approval is 120 hours, close the ticket.

What I was missing was the Status piece.

Thank you for your help.