Question

Approval Portal Details

• 6 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am having an issue where service requests submit via the portal are not showing BOTH the details of the service request and all the comments, replies, and public notes included in the ticket.

The portal approval link only shows the details of the requested item:

The public ticket link does show the comments, replies, and public notes, but does NOT show the details of the requested item, nor does it provide a way for the approver to approve the ticket:

I need a way to have just one landing page that shows all of the following:

1. The details of the requested item
  2. The comments, replies, and public notes within the ticket
  3. A way to approve or reject the item

Is there a way to do this? Either via some built in Freshservice setting or HTML?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Jnovozinsky 

Hope you are well,

I understand you would like to have both the Requested item details and Public notes to be under the same link but I’m afraid this is currently not available/possible.

Public Link: Since anyone with this link can see the information of the Ticket, This might include private information the requester enters in their Requested item, We do not display it in the Public ticket URL.

Approval link: The Approver needs to validate the details entered by the Requester are correct or any additional details are required and hence we show them the details of Service Item, We can add Public ticket URL in the Approval email placeholder to have the visibility of the replies/notes as well.

We can consider having the Approval link having access to the notes as well in the Roadmap. If you can write to support@freshservice.com and share your thoughts that’d be great to keep a track on Feature Requests.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have got around this in the past by using the workflow to post a public comment containing the information the approver needs, and then updating the Approval email to inclide the placeholder {{Last.Public.Comment}} (sorry that might not be the exact name).

So you can use the workflow, to post the details you need from the ticket, to a public comment, and then publish that comment in the approval email. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Roxwell 

Brilliant workaround!