Solved

Asset fields in emails to customers

• 13 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We have a workflow where we need to notify an external vendor via email that we have sent them a laptop for repair. The email they receive needs to have the name of the officer who logged the incident, a description of the problem with the laptop, and the serial number of the laptop we have sent to them. 

I can get all the fields out of the system, except the associated asset’s serial number. There is an associated asset name we can include, but we don’t seem to be able to output any other asset fields. 

How would we get the serial number, or any other asset field, to populate into the email template?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 13 July 2022, 15:20

View original

9 replies

I can tell you that asset fields in emails to customers can be a valuable tool for improving the customer experience. Asset fields allow you to include information about your products or services in your emails, making it easier for customers to find the information they need and make informed decisions.

For example, you could use asset fields to include product images, specifications, pricing information, and links to more detailed product pages. This information can help customers make informed buying decisions, and can also help to reduce the amount of time they need to spend searching for information.

Asset fields can also be used to track customer behavior, such as which products or services they are interested in, and can help you tailor your marketing and sales efforts to better meet their needs. This can lead to increased customer engagement, higher conversion rates, and greater customer satisfaction.

If you are looking to implement asset fields in your customer emails, you will need to have a system in place for tracking and managing your product information. You may also need to work with your marketing or IT team to ensure that the asset fields are correctly integrated into your email templates.

Overall, the use of asset fields in customer emails can be a powerful tool for improving the customer experience and driving business growth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It’s OK, I just answered my own question. You don’t pick API Key, instead you choose Basic Authentication, enter the API key you generate from Fresh as the username and the password is “X”. 

I admit, this was so confusing to me when these options were made available 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,
If you haven’t found it here you have the JSON node JSON Parser Node : Freshservice
Do a test in the  webrequest and copy the answer you get back into the JSON Parser node. 

After that you get all the values as placeholders. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It’s OK, I just answered my own question. You don’t pick API Key, instead you choose Basic Authentication, enter the API key you generate from Fresh as the username and the password is “X”. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help a bit further - had do you authenticate via the web request node to Fresh’s v2 API? I have an API key, but not sure what to choose for Key and Value if you choose authentication as API key…  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@daniel.soderlund and @zachary.king I had no idea you could so any of that! That’s fantastic - it looks exactly like what I need!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Here is a example https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003705-web-request-node how to use them. 

Something missing is the new test function in the new web request node. Much easier to setup the JSON parser. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Chris Sherlock 

You need to use API call using  a webrequest node and a JSON node to get that. 
https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#view_an_asset

/api/v2/assets/[display_id]?include=type_fields

Perfect solution, and then @Chris Sherlock you can reference the specific field from the requested Asset using the JSON Parser and then use that field as a placeholder in your email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @Chris Sherlock 

You need to use API call using  a webrequest node and a JSON node to get that. 
https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#view_an_asset

/api/v2/assets/[display_id]?include=type_fields