Question

Asset management (Assigned vs Unassigned)

• 20 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hello,

I need to use asset management in a daily use for IT assets ( laptops - sim cards ...etc),

Most of assets assigned to users (used by...) = assigned

Other assets in stock, which arnt assigned (unassigned), So i need to make a filter as assigned and unassigned, I tried to edit the default to add these options but its not allowed,

Even if i added them on each category, but still i cant filter then unless i exported the sheet and this is not flexible,

So how can i fix this or should i go to another solution like snip-it,

all i need is to filter when we have outside (assigned → used by) and what we have in stock (unassigned) 

I thought I should add a category say (stock laptop - stock sim cards ...etc) ?????

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Not sure if this will help but here is how I do this.

New employee starts and I need to find a laptop to assign to them.

I use the filter to change to the asset type I want = Computer

I go to the bottom of the filter and select + more and add Product and select the laptop based on role or profile (Executive, Developer, PowerUser) I know which model to select in Product. I also add Asset State and select In Stock (versus In Use, Retired, etc)

The Asset list refreshes with list of Computers, for the specific model I want that are in stock. I then select what I want and assign it to the user.

Basically I use the Asset State as the filter for assignment versus looking for assets without a Used By in a field.