• 4 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

My client has a customized format on asset tag, which consist of 4 parts:

1. Hardware Type (e.g. WL0)
  2. City (e.g. CNHK)
  3. Number (e.g. 0001)
  4. Business Unit (e.g. L)

And the requirement is that the number part of the asset should be able to automatically assigned according to other 3 parts (Hardware Type, City & Business Unit). For example, when the client already having 3 assets with asset tag WL0CNHK0001L, WL0CNHK0002L & WD0CNHK0001L, if they would like to add an new asset with “WL0” as Hardware Type, “CNHK” as City and “L” as Business Unit, the system should be able to assigned the largest number + 1 as Number according to the other 3 parts in the asset tag so the asset tag for the new asset will be WL0CNHK0003L and then I can use API to update the asset tag.

May I know if there are any methods to apply this auto numbering on asset tag?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @roland.ng 

My suggestion would be to have 5 different fields

1. Hardware Type - This can be drop down menu with values (A,B,C,D etc)
  2. City - This can be dropdown menu with city values.
  3. Number - This can be a OOTB request id or you can have a Custom Interger field and keep incrementing it by 1 every time a record is submitted on this form.
  4. Business Unit - This can be a drop down menu with desired business unit details

Now, coming to the main field for asset tag (5th field), you can have all the above 4 field concatenated into a single field and use it as Asset Tag which will be a unique value for identification.

Hope this helps….!

HI @roland.ng ,

This is check this out?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @roland.ng 

My suggestion would be to have 5 different fields

1. Hardware Type - This can be drop down menu with values (A,B,C,D etc)
  2. City - This can be dropdown menu with city values.
  3. Number - This can be a OOTB request id or you can have a Custom Interger field and keep incrementing it by 1 every time a record is submitted on this form.
  4. Business Unit - This can be a drop down menu with desired business unit details

Now, coming to the main field for asset tag (5th field), you can have all the above 4 field concatenated into a single field and use it as Asset Tag which will be a unique value for identification.

Hope this helps….!