Question

Auto approval for certain Service Catalog items

• 9 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I am looking for a solution that would “auto approve” a service request item. For example if a user is needing a new keyboard or mouse we wouldn’t want their manager to be bothered with an approval request. Ideally I’d like a way to link from a custom field/group that we could place service request items in and those would auto approve. If anything else would need an approval from manager.

We can do this in reverse by creating a workflow for each service request item but that seems tedious.

Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I am looking for a solution that would “auto approve” a service request item. For example if a user is needing a new keyboard or mouse we wouldn’t want their manager to be bothered with an approval request. Ideally I’d like a way to link from a custom field/group that we could place service request items in and those would auto approve. If anything else would need an approval from manager.

We can do this in reverse by creating a workflow for each service request item but that seems tedious.

Any ideas?

Barry,

I would tackle this a bit different. I would turn off the DEFAULT approval rule for all service requests . This should fix your issue with small items like keyboards and mice as nothing will now require approval.

THEN…. on each service item i would make sure you set a price and build a approval rule based on costs.   In the below I have a conditional statement that if the items cost is over 150 bucks then it needs approval. Of course you can build in any conditions you need here and could add some custom fields on the item if needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@BarrySummer, just checking back in with you to see if this helped or if you had any other questions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for that solution idea mmccoy, I am going to grab it and skip out of here with it under my arm before you can stop me :wink::laughing:

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you for that solution idea mmccoy, I am going to grab it and skip out of here with it under my arm before you can stop me :wink::laughing:

No Problem!