Question

auto scrolling in ticket screens

• 1 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Does anyone have a way that prevents the ticket screens from automatically scrolling to the latest entry?

As I audit my tickets, I have to keep scrolling up to change tabs or see the original ticket text… 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @JTAVOLARO, can you show us an example? I can tell you that we use an application that places the latest interaction/entry with the ticket to the top of the list. This has proven to be really beneficial for us.

I would try this out and see if it helps! Unless I misunderstand your inquiry lol

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Zach,

It’s a function of the web page, when I open a ticket and select, say, tasks, the screens scroll so that the Ticket header is hidden

This is what I see

This is what I want to see

to get to the second image, I have to manually scroll up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Ahh I see what you mean. Mine does that too. I imagine if this irritates you then the new Modern Ticket UI is going to be problematic as well, as it segregates the ticket details into its own tab as well. So if you navigate to “Tasks” tab that will be all you see, you would have to travel back to the “Details” tab to see ticket details.

Hmm…. @sanofar.allahpichai any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @JTAVOLARO - this is not a solution but there is a little ghostly up arrow in the bottom right hand corner that you can click and it will fling you right back to the top of the page.

So at last it’s not scrolling scrolling scrolling

HTH

Bryn @ CYDEF

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Just to follow up, the newly-released “new ticket experience” did away with the scrolling it seems.  YAYYYYYYYY

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@JTAVOLARO We are happy to hear this feedback on our modern UI. Unlike the classic view, the header i.e subject line & requester details of the ticket are visible even if you switch between tabs in the new interface. We are glad you like it!

Wishing everyone a happy new year 😀