Solved

Automatic CC

• 1 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’m looking for a way to automatically CC a list of addresses on tickets. We are moving out ticketing solution right now from one solution to FreshService. We currently put our tickets under organizations and not requesters, so this will be a change for us when we move to FreshService.

In our current solution, as we create a ticket, an email is generated to the rep for the organization and a few other folks. With FreshService, since it is requester-driven, the email will go back to the person opening the ticket and rep for the organization may not be aware that a ticket has been created.

In order to facilitate this, I have done the following:

Created AutoCC field in Company Fields and populated it with a comma-based list email addresses.

Unfortunately, this is where I get stuck. There’s no way to interact or pull that information when a ticket is rasied, so I have taken this route:

Using the WorkFlow Automator, I created a ticket automation so that anytime a ticket is rased, a web request is made to the FreshService API to information about the company the requester belongs to. I use the  JSON parser to pull out the value from the AutoCC field that I created earlier and I use that field to send an email to the addresses in the AutoCC to inform them that a ticket has been created.

What I would really like to do is add them as a CC to the ticket so they receive all subsequent updates form the ticket, but the CC action only allows a single email address. I cannot use the AutoCC object like I can in the email action.

Does anybody have any thoughts how to add certain folks automatically as a CC to an item? Is there any easier way to do this?

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 2 May 2023, 23:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Sounds interesting.

I haven’t tested it, but if adding a reply to those CC’ed contacts, subsequent replies would include all previously CC’ed contacted, but I’m not sure if this would be true for system generated events (like those with Workflows).

CC’s can be added impersonating the requester, and when doing so, it can accept several emails separated by commas, but that action (impersonate) cannot be used through API calls.

However, you can create a reply using API call, so, this should do the trick:

https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#create_a_reply

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Elvis.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi.

Sounds interesting.

I haven’t tested it, but if adding a reply to those CC’ed contacts, subsequent replies would include all previously CC’ed contacted, but I’m not sure if this would be true for system generated events (like those with Workflows).

CC’s can be added impersonating the requester, and when doing so, it can accept several emails separated by commas, but that action (impersonate) cannot be used through API calls.

However, you can create a reply using API call, so, this should do the trick:

https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#create_a_reply

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Elvis.

Thanks, Elvis - I’m going to give this a try and see if I can get it working.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Just in case anybody else has this issue, I found out a few things:

1. If I create an Action to email and feed it my JSON Parser line, it works perfectly.
  2. The CC action is expecting one and only one email address. It will fail if you attempt to feed it an array of strings 😥
  3. There is currently a bug that is being worked because I am able to feed an array of strings in the Workflow automator when I test the action and it works perfectly, but when the same thing occurs in execution, it is getting double-escaped which is causing a problem. The devs are looking into that.

My autocc line looks like this for my companies now:

["email1@tld.com","email2@tld.com","email3@tld.com"]

Thanks to Elvis who pointed me towards the reply function!