Question

Automating Asset Creation via Service Request

• 1 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm getting increasingly more frustrated by the amount of clicks I need to perform to get anything done in this system. My workflows are incredibly simple and the system cannot seem to accommodate any of them.

Workflow #1: Some employees are on site and need HID cards. HID cards are provided 1 at a time by the building, activated for parking, passed to HR, HR tells me the card number and what door access level to give them. Now, i need to track who has a card so we know to get it back or disable it if they get terminated.

Problem #1: I set up a service request associated with this asset. When i click fulfill asset, it tells me i have no HID Cards in stock. No way to disable this stock #. Ok fine.

Problem #2: Attempt to make a workflow to create the asset based on the ticket ... and there's no way in the ticket workflow automator to do anything with an asset?

I'm not going to go into the system and manually stock a card every time one of these tickets is submitted. Is there an actual solution for this?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Agreed! We have several items that would be great for this. For now we just track on a spreadsheet for ease and not waste an asset. 

Badge

Agreed! We have several items that would be great for this. For now we just track on a spreadsheet for ease and not waste an asset. 

If I’m going to do that I might as well cancel Freshservice and get a free basic ticketing system. This product is far to expensive to have to track anywhere else.