Solved

Automator workflow Question: Event = Reply is received?

• 1 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi all you Smarty McSmartisons  (lol!) 🤣

I’m trying to add a note and then send an email when a closure email is received from a partner regarding an open ticket.

Our partner doesn’t put anything useful in the text of the email but their subject line changes to include “Has Been changed to: Solved” - I would like the FS automator workflow to trigger based on FS receiving an email with these keywords in the subject line.

In Workflows, in the Event module I’ve tried “Note of any type” is added by Anyone and then use Liquid filters to search the subject line for those keywords.  Does not fire for me.

I am also not able to find an Event that fires because a Requestor has replied to the ticket (aka note added).

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Bryn

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 1 May 2023, 21:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @BrynCYDEF, is this the trigger you are looking for?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @zachary.king -- OMG I looked at that and thought it meant “sent” by FS not sent to FS!

TY Let me check into that!

Bryn

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Le sigh - moderators ate my reply….

TY @zachary.king  I will take a look at this bc I thought that it meant sent by FS and would not, therefore, include sent to FS.

TY!
Bryn

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thank you - that totally worked!  I’ve got the workflow running great in testing - now I just need a live-fire test.

Event Node

Reply is sent by Requester

Expression Node

substring('{{ticket.subject}}',indexOf('{{ticket.subject}}','Has Been changed', 0)+0,length('{{ticket.subject}}'))

Action Node:

1. Send email to assigned agent that closure note has arrived
  2. Add private note to ticket that closure note has arrived and assigned agent has been notified

Much appreciated @zachary.king 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

PS In case anyone is wondering, some of our tickets can only be closed by staff in a specific group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Great to hear it @BrynCYDEF. I am glad that you were able to get it working!