Question

Catalog fields

Badge +6

Issue is there is no catalog sku reflect in ticket

-so what i made is when ever a ticket raise to IT > it set Type to IT > Other (worked)

and added a new field as service catalog:

-issue is whenever you choose in catalog it reflect in service catalog (it doesnt work at all_ )

Works is if it was mouse > catalog will be mouse

laptop > will be in catalog laptop

but still it dosent reflect in “serice catalog” filed ? why and how to solve it.

12 replies

Badge +6

I tried to change it to this way…
and it kinda worked but not 100% ticket can be raised as printer issue and it submit as printer request (a card before it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, stated in the other post, 

Servicerequestfields are unique to the service item. Fields in the ticket form are global. 

Not sure what you are trying to do, Fields in the incident forms reflects them on the right side. 
Do not need to set them again as you do. 

Badge +6

Ticket frields doesnt reflect when its setrvice request,

So I made them,

What ever fields we pick in catalog, lets say Moble request, I need it to reflect in the right side of ticket,

“request type” whats inside it you can pick them if you raised a Report an issue ticket (ONLY),

so I want when I raise a ticket from Service catalog it reflect in “service catalog” with same sku, that why i added “service catalog” with all catalo data.

so in images above i made automateion says when you rais a Mobile request from catalog, set “service catalog” as Mobile request...etc

but it doesnt work or it work..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Better to make the condition on the service item if you have separate one. 

If you have one service item and the end user selects the category when they order things you need to select the service item field in the condition and not the ticket field. 

Badge +6

I didnt get what your’re trying to say can you screen shot the rule to me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I see that you need to use Item if you wish to click and point in the condition node 

Something like this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Or you can do like this if you wish just to match fields 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Better step for getting the placeholder for the specific field in the service item 

Badge +6

???

Badge +6

»

I need to do is match fields, like match type, if use choose from any below:

>>>It service issue > internet > Internet issue

It feflet on ticket SKU as internet > internet issue ...etc

So i need to build a connection between service catalog level 2 + 3 what we call it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

»

I need to do is match fields, like match type, if use choose from any below:

>>>It service issue > internet > Internet issue

It feflet on ticket SKU as internet > internet issue ...etc

So i need to build a connection between service catalog level 2 + 3 what we call it 

In your case you need to search for Internet  as it’s the name of the service item. 

Then you need to do expression in the condition node. 

Condition Expression   {{place holder for issue.type field}} == “Internet Down” 
True (right)- > Action set category 
False(down)
Condition Expression  {{place holder for issue.type field}} == “Slow Internet” 
True (right)- > Action set category 
False(down)
Condition Expression  {{place holder for issue.type field}} == “Stability issue” 

And so on. 

On the other hand I would recommend do “issues” in the Report an issue form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I found another way to do this, I missed it as I don’t use it as often. 

I added in my showcase a dropdown field called TEST on Adobe InDesign. 

In the condition I add a subcondition and select the field TEST and the value that is in the dropdown. 
In t his way you can set the category depending on what the end user have selected in the field.