CNAME issues - can't rebrand

• 28 August 2019
  • 8 replies

All,

For the life of me I cannot get my custom portal URL to work.

I've added the DNS record and TXT records but keep getting the below message in FreshService

Main portal portal url: Required TXT record is not present or network issue with DNS propagation

Has anyone had success?

Much apprecaited.

8 replies

I am having this same issue. Did you ever find a resolution?

Hi Robert, 

I sincerely apologise for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. 

Most DNS providers take a while for the DNS settings to be propagated and this might be an issue for you receiving the error. Our support team can assist you on this and I’ll ensure our representatives get in touch with you soon to get this working. 

Thank you for using Freshservice!

I'm having the same problem. The error reads, "Main portal portal url: Required TXT record is not present or network issue with DNS propagation". I'm using the settings outlined in https://[my site].freshservice.com/account > Rebrand your Helpdesk >> Helpdesk/Portal URL. In GoDaddy DNS manager I created the TXT record using fsverification-mysupportpage.mycompanyname.com (without angle brackets or quotes) in the Host field and the correct corresponding 64 character string in the TXT Value field.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Daniel,

The record if added correctly should be updated by the DNS provider and reflected in Freshservice. I'll have our support team reach out to you with priority so that we can assist you further with this issue.

Regards,

Sanofar

Main portal portal url: Required TXT record is not present or network issue with DNS propagation

same issue.what is the solution?

Does anyone solve this issue?  Can you share how you did it?

I resolved the txt error by entering just the name of my portal instead of the entire url in GoDaddy.

Example:fsverification-mysupportpage.mycompanyname.com-->fsverification-mysupportpage in the Host field.

Badge

I ran into this also. Open a support ticket and they will work through it with you. They need to make changes on their side too (although that is not explained in the basic instructions).

While you’re at it, you should know that this setting alone will not obfuscate the freshservice.com address in the address bar. To do that, the support team at FS will have to do some more work on their end and have you change your CNAME entry again. It is a multi step process for each of these.

[TL:DR]

Contact support to fix it.