Question

Create Child Service Requests with attachements?

• 27 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello.

I have activated “Create Child Service Requests for each of the items above“.

One of the child Items is required to have attachments which is also activated in the corresponding Service Request item.

But unfortunately when requesting the parent item and selecting the child items, you only can attach files to the parent item!

How can we have attachments to the child items?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @msconfig87 , you could build a workflow automator to trigger a webhook to the Freshservice API using a PUT request and add the attachment to the ticket that way. Just need to make sure you are isolating the Child Ticket in a conditional so that it doesn’t add it any unnecessary tickets.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

thanks, but yeah. looks like a lot of effort for a simple task :) (why not having “attachments” area in the child tickets as well - seems like only a GUI issue)

What does not ring a bell for me a the moment is how is the user interface for the user then going to be? The requester would still have to have a place where he can upload things.

So the requester uploads to parent, then workflow automator adds it to ONE child ticket and deletes attachement from parent?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So you’re saying that in the “Bundle” where the additional service items are, when you click on them and the associated form for that item presents itself you should see “Add Attachments” as a part of that form? Then a user could fill out information related to the additional service item and attach files as necessary. So that once the request is placed and the associated child tickets are created the attached files would belong to their respective child ticket. I like it! I would suggest raising it as an idea here so that we can vote on it.

For now, the user could place the request and go into the child tickets in the support portal, click reply and add their attachments once the tickets are created.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

yes. I just don’t get why they make it unnecessarily complicated in first place :)

you can vote here: