Question

Creating a Reimbursement Form as a Service Request Help

• 24 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hey everyone!

In need of some help. I have experimenting with creating a basic reimbursement form as a service request but not sure how to add this function into the request. 

I have provided some screen shots of my service request, along with my automation. 

What I am trying to do is basically create an expression to do simple addition, adding the total reimbursement cost. I would prefer having the total amount calculated in real time if possible on the form. Not sure if that is a possibility. 

Being very new to this, I am having trouble creating an expression that works. If you have any tips or tricks or an opinion if this is even a possibility, I would greatly appreciate it!

Best,

Jon

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello @JP801 

Thank you for reaching out! Please see the attached screenshot for the workflow automator to solve your use case. 

Condition with the required Service item

Bring the custom fields that should be executed with the arithmetic operations (Use placeholders from Service request fields)

Create a custom field to capture the total value from the result of the Expression builder

As a last step, use an action node to complete your automation with desired actions.

Thanks! :) 

Badge

Hello Preethi,

Thank you so much for these instructions. Still having some issues. The Set Number as options appears to not be available? Do I need to create an additional function beforehand for the total value? The custom field for total amount was created as seen in the screen shots I have provided.

Thank you for your patience! 

Best,

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone!

In need of some help. I have experimenting with creating a basic reimbursement form as a service request but not sure how to add this function into the request. 

I have provided some screen shots of my service request, along with my automation. 

What I am trying to do is basically create an expression to do simple addition, adding the total reimbursement cost. I would prefer having the total amount calculated in real time if possible on the form. Not sure if that is a possibility. 

Being very new to this, I am having trouble creating an expression that works. If you have any tips or tricks or an opinion if this is even a possibility, I would greatly appreciate it!

Best,

Jon

Hello, 

Far as I know the form can’t updated fields like that.

What you could do is to add them as child items and have a value/cost added to them. Then when you continue you will get a list of the cost and the total number on the confirm side page. 

Badge

Thank you @Daniel Söderlund ! I will give this a try. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Preethi,

Thank you so much for these instructions. Still having some issues. The Set Number as options appears to not be available? Do I need to create an additional function beforehand for the total value? The custom field for total amount was created as seen in the screen shots I have provided.

Thank you for your patience! 

Best,

Jon

Hi @JP801 - as you may have discovered “Set Number as” is referring to a custom field called Number and in the Action node of the workflow.

IDK if you can run the WF on the form fields as @Daniel Söderlund mentions above - more likely this is to update a property (aka custom field) on the ticket which may or may not meet your needs.

Badge

@Daniel Söderlund Hey Daniel,

Is there an article you can point me in the direction to that shows how to create child items like you had suggested? Or can you explain how to perform this? I ended up creating what I needed another way but not pleased with it and want to give your suggest a change.

Thank you for your time!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Daniel Söderlund Hey Daniel,

Is there an article you can point me in the direction to that shows how to create child items like you had suggested? Or can you explain how to perform this? I ended up creating what I needed another way but not pleased with it and want to give your suggest a change.

Thank you for your time!!

Hi, 

I was talking about bundled service items. If you set a cost to each item you add the requester will get the total value when they are checking out the request. downside it’s static so they can’t pick and choose outside the bundle you create. 

Reordering Service items in a bundle. : Freshservice