Question

creating new topics

• 24 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

has anyone experienced where their new topic submission seems to just vanish?  I click on Create, and nothing happens.  It’s not consistent.

I was trying to post this morning, and it’s not visible.  But this post went up no problem.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

and it just happened again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JTAVOLARO That is strange, let’s see if maybe some of the Community Managers can take a look at it for you.

@rashmi.nag or @Isaac Thomas  could you see why this might be happening? Thank you!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’m thinking it might be related to tags that I selected, there was one with a hyphen in it that when I didn’t use it, the posting went through

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @JTAVOLARO. Do you mean this error occurs when creating new topics on this community? That’s strange and certainly shouldn’t be happening. The next time something like this happens, feel free to share a screenshot of it with me and I’ll get it fixed with the team. Hope you didn’t face this issue thereafter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I also get this error consistently since yesterday. If I remove the tags I set then I am able to post. It shows as a 500 error in the console. 
See attached screenshots. 
I also think it either has to do with a dash -, or a parenthesis (). It seems especially likely with the auto suggested tags that aren't normally in the list. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I also get this error consistently since yesterday. If I remove the tags I set then I am able to post. It shows as a 500 error in the console. 
See attached screenshots. 
I also think it either has to do with a dash -, or a parenthesis (). It seems especially likely with the auto suggested tags that aren't normally in the list. 

@rashmi.nag 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Specifically Freshservice ideas (feature requests) seems to break it. I was able to post with just the second one here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Andrew Keeley thanks for sharing that. I’ll share this with the team and get it fixed at the earliest.