Customize end-user portal - Show service items as one column without truncation of title and description

• 5 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello All,

I recently came across a use-case where a customer wanted to display their service items in the service catalog as a single column without the title and description of the service items being truncated.

Before and after images are attached to this post.

The code snippets are given below:

STYLESHEET:

Paste the below snippet in Admin → Helpdesk rebranding → Portal customization → Stylesheet.

#catalog-list-page #catalog-list-container #catalog-list-items #list-items .catalog-item{

min-width: 900px;

}

JQUERY:

Paste the below snippet in Page Layout

<script>

jQuery(document).on('PageUpdate NewContent', function() {

jQuery('#list-items').children('a').each(function () {

var itemInfo = jQuery(this).children('div.catalog-item-info'); // "this" is the current element in the loop

var shortTitle = jQuery(itemInfo).children('h4');

var shortDesc = jQuery(itemInfo).children('p');

var itemFullInfo = jQuery(this).children('div.service-item-tooltip'); // "this" is the current element in the loop

var longTitle = jQuery(itemFullInfo).children('h3');

var longDesc = jQuery(itemFullInfo).children('p');

shortTitle.text(longTitle.text());

shortDesc.text(longDesc.text());

});

});

</script>

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

Would you be able to provide more information as to where in the Page Layout the script should be pasted? I have tried it to no avail.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Can you go to Admin → Helpdesk rebranding → Portal customization → Layout & pages → Portal layout → Page layout and paste the script at the end and check if this helps?

If not, please send an email to support@freshservice.com and we can get this checked. 

Thank you!

Badge

Hi,

Would you be able to provide more information as to where in the Page Layout the script should be pasted? I have tried it to no avail.

Thanks,

Sam

EDIT: I figured out my mistake. I mistakenly did not save after updating the stylesheet, which then didn’t allow the script to run successfully. Thank you.