Solved

Customizing the service portal new ticket form

• 14 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’d like to customize the new ticket form in the Service Portal.  I was able to find the New Ticket portal page in the Helpdesk Rebranding section.  I was wondering if it were possible to add an additional required field where the user can enter information on their issue which can be added as a note to the ticket separate from the ticket description.  If so, I’m open to suggestions on how I can do that.  I believe this page is in HTML, but that knowledge is a little beyond my skill set.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 14 April 2022, 15:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @jr_array When you create your ticket forms for your service desk you have the options to make the fields you create visible to the requester (visible in the support portal). You can make these fields required as well. I would start there.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Magnificent @zachary.king !  That’s exactly what I was looking for.  However, I was wondering if it were possible to have that information added as a note to the ticket rather than as a ticket property?  Once again, you’ve been most helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Magnificent @zachary.king !  That’s exactly what I was looking for.  However, I was wondering if it were possible to have that information added as a note to the ticket rather than as a ticket property?  Once again, you’ve been most helpful!

No problem @jr_array. For the second part of your request, check out my first entry on a workflow that I created that does exactly what you would like via the workflow automator 

Let me know if you have any questions on how to set this up.

Take care!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ll check out your entry and see if I can apply it.  Thanks a ton.