Development of the Workflow Automator

• 31 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Not sure if this is a question or conversation as such to be honest but here we go.  I’m wondering what happened to the development of the Workflow Automator and is there any plans to develop the GUI and options/actions in this further?

I understand we can now include API calls, expressions and script things of course but there are many topics on here regarding similar requests or questions about the Workflow Automator that should be very basic and never been implemented. 

For example, I was just trying to create an asset-based workflow and wanted it to change the status of the asset, however this is still not possible within the Workflow Automator itself.

One of the major features we liked when we started with Freshservice was the ease of use and GUI of the Workflow Automator, but beyond adding the features to call outside of the Workflow Automator (API calls) there really hasn’t been much movement on it.  Would love to see some development and have it be able to set some very basic actions for tickets, assets etc without the need for API calls, and yes I have put prior feature requests in over the years.

2 replies

Hi,

I completely understand your concerns about the development of the Workflow Automator in Freshservice. It seems that while some improvements have been made, there are still basic functionalities missing, such as the ability to change the status of an asset within the Workflow Automator itself.

It would be great to see further development in terms of the GUI and options/actions offered by the Workflow Automator. I recommend reaching out to the Freshservice support team directly to inquire about their plans for future Development and to express your specific requirements and feedback regarding this feature.

They would be in the best position to provide you with information on any upcoming updates or improvements to the Workflow Automator based on user feedback and requests.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m really hopeful that when the API comes out for Status Pages, that you’ll easily be able to change the status of a service through the workflow automator - I shouldn’t have to do it via the API.

I feel like the easier we can make it on admins, the better the product will be. Not all admins are created equal - many don’t use the API or have API knowledge - there’s nothing wrong with this - as long as FS allows us to exercise all of the same options via the WF Automator