Solved

Different Support Portal, solutions and Fields - is possible?

• 23 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello,

Is it possible to create different support portals depending on the organization? Each organization requires different tickets, solutions and fields. Mixing everything together will be a nuisance for users, especially since each organization uses a different language.That is why we would like the support portal to have a different look for each organization.

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 24 July 2023, 13:09

View original

7 replies

Badge +1
  1. Solutions: Solutions, also known as knowledge bases or help centers, provide self-service resources for users to find answers to common questions or issues. Within your ticketing system, you can create multiple solutions that focus on specific products, services, or departments. Each solution can have its own categories, articles, and search capabilities, making it easier for users to find relevant information.

2. Fields: Fields in a ticketing system capture specific information about a ticket or support request. You can customize selling-feet-pics-dangerous-safe-ways the fields to capture the necessary data based on the context or requirements. When setting up different support portals or solutions, you can configure unique fields for each portal or solution to capture information relevant to that specific area. For example, a field for capturing product version may be required for one solution but not for another.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @JanUfo .

Hope you are great.

There are a couple of options that may address your need.

MSP mode:

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/240666-a-guide-to-the-msp-mode-in-freshservice

(This is the one I think would work for you).

Workspaces:

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000005551-what-is-a-workspace-

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Badge +1

Hello,

Yes, it is definitely possible to create different support portals for different organizations based on their specific requirements. Many organizations implement customized support portals to cater to their unique needs and provide a better user experience for their customers or users.
Customization options can include:
1) Ticket categories: Each organization can have its own predefined categories for users to select when submitting a ticket. This helps in routing the ticket to the appropriate team or department for resolution.
2) Knowledge base: The knowledge base can be tailored to include articles, FAQs, and tutorials specific to each organization's products or services. Users can easily find relevant information without having to search through unrelated content.
3) Custom fields: Organizations can define custom fields that capture specific information related to their products or services. These fields can be included in the ticket submission form to gather the necessary details from users.
4) Branding and design: Each organization's support portal can have its unique branding and design elements, aligning with their overall brand identity. This helps in creating a consistent and familiar experience for users.
5) User access and permissions: Organizations may have different user roles and access levels within their support portals. This ensures that users from different organizations only have access to the relevant content and functionalities based on their permissions.
By providing separate support portals, organizations can streamline their support processes, improve user satisfaction, and deliver a more personalized support experience.

Badge

Hello Again,

Unfortunately, in our corporation, we have been thrown on our own. We got administrator access and no help from the training because in another country it works on global settings and no one complains.However, global settings are not suitable for us.

Briefly describe again what I need:

In the global settings, I can change the appearance and settings of the support portal.

After creating a separate workspace, I am unable to manage the support portal.

I need to change the entire support portal so that there is a different link and a different look for employees in my branch.

Is it possible at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In MSP mode you can have several portals but you still have the same knowledge articles and incident fields.  Workspace is a internal area that a departments use and add it’s own automations and so but the Portal is global. 
You can separate KB using requester groups and ticket fields can be setup for the WS but the portal is harder. You need MSP but then you will not have access to WS at this moment ( as far as I understand ) 

Another way of do it is to create a new account in the same organization. Then you will have full control.
Downside with that is sharing tickets between accounts can be a bait of a hassle but it can be done. 
If you do that have the option to use “multi account MSP mode” then you share the agent licenses and requester between the accounts. Making so an agent can work in both accounts without needed another license. Downside with that is you can’t use WS at this moment ( as far as I understand ) 

Badge

@Daniel Söderlund  I just don't see an MSP option on my account. Maybe only the root system administrator can handle it?

We do not care about workspace because the head office has been operating for several years and they have never needed it. I created a workspace just for testing to see what I can change.

Our branch is completely independent from the head office when it comes to tickets and support for users. That's why we don't want to mix tickets and have our own settings.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to create accounts (only agents). I need to report this to the chief administrator. 

Are you able to tell what can be asked of the main system administrator? Presenting him with the above proy, he does not know what it is about and how to do it .

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Daniel Söderlund  I just don't see an MSP option on my account. Maybe only the root system administrator can handle it?

We do not care about workspace because the head office has been operating for several years and they have never needed it. I created a workspace just for testing to see what I can change.

Our branch is completely independent from the head office when it comes to tickets and support for users. That's why we don't want to mix tickets and have our own settings.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to create accounts (only agents). I need to report this to the chief administrator. 

Are you able to tell what can be asked of the main system administrator? Presenting him with the above proy, he does not know what it is about and how to do it .

Yes it’s global admin access to see the MSP mod settings

To create a new account you need to be organization admin. 
Ask your admin to click on the Neo / Freshworks Switcher(icon)  in the left bottom corner of the page. 
Then click on +add and give it a name you want ( it can be changed later and you can add your own domain name ), give that to the License manager at Freshworks and ask(buy) them to add x number of agents you need for it. Note If the admin can’t see the +add he/she isn’t organization admin.
It will start as a trial for 21 days and you can use it. When Freshworks have added the licenses it will be a permanent.

Your organization admin need to setup SSO if you use it for your account and user provisioning.