Digital Employee Experience (DEX)

• 9 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Featured Influencer
  • 366 replies

Anyone looking at this newish category of technologies? 

Perhaps seeing DEX as a necessary evolution of ITSM and ITOM rather than simply the next shiny thing?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have not heard of this! Will have to look it up. @manns please add your thoughts and wealth of information and knowledge, would be interested to hear what this is all about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@zachary.king and anyone else who is interested, I’ll find some text I can share :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@zachary.king it’s all about experience management...

Some experience management solutions focus on human feedback (or sentiment) capture. Some solutions employ technological capabilities to assess IT performance from an employee experience perspective. Finally, some solutions do both.

The latter two types of solution are currently called “digital employee experience (DEX) management” solutions, with this name having changed from “digital experience monitoring (DEM).”

DEX solution will include capabilities such as:

•    The technology-based monitoring of experience and performance 
•    Employee or end-user sentiment capture
•    Overall experience scoring
•    Root-cause analysis
•    Real-time automated remediation capabilities
•    End-user-initiated remediation capabilities
•    Issue prevention capabilities
•    Analytics and reporting
•    Integrations with other tools and systems

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you @manns for that explanation. I appreciate your expertise and I continue to learn a lot from your posts. I think it is important that I examine this closer to gain a better understanding of what tools we may be already using that hit somewhere on the list you provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You are welcome @zachary.king. Employee experience is definitely the new frontier for ITSM - finally recognizing that we do people enablement and people support not IT service delivery and IT support :)