Solved

Disable closing of tickets

• 27 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

is there any way to prevent certain agents from setting a ticket status to “closed”?  We want them to only set tickets to Resolved.  I recognize it’s a training issue, but was wondering if anyone else came across this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 27 September 2022, 19:10

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @JTAVOLARO One way you could try would be to set the options for status for those agents using Business Rules for Forms.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

ah, I knew I was going to forget something…  thanks Zach, I’ll give it a whirl!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

we created a business rule also , but as the close buttons can not be removed from the view we added an error message to it

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

we created a business rule also , but as the close buttons can not be removed from the view we added an error message to it

I created the same rule, but it did not give the error when selecting the “Close” button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ah, I knew I was going to forget something…  thanks Zach, I’ll give it a whirl!

Make sure that you have the rule run on New Forms and Edit Forms, otherwise those agents could technically close tickets from the new ticket screen. :)

Badge

I created the same rule, but it did not give the error when selecting the “Close” button.

I also created the same rule and confirm it did not disable the Close button. Close still works and throws no error message. Has anyone got this to work? Would love to hear a solution!

It doesn’t throw the error unless you make it enforced system wide.

Not sure why.

I also created the same rule and confirm it did not disable the Close button. Close still works and throws no error message. Has anyone got this to work? Would love to hear a solution!

Hello Experts 

I wish to seek your advise on the similar topic 

one issue that we are facing is that the agents sometimes close the tickets / which later come as a complaint from our clients - that they were marked “ Closed” even before they tested and it really were resolved 

We hence decided to disable the 

ticket “ Closure” access from the agents and give them only “Resolved” status access 

We would prefer that as a default , the only person who could mark a ticket CLOSED status should be the one who raised the ticket. 

and maybe ONE super Admin in the back end 

pls assist , and share your opinion 

thank you 

Geetraj 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have tested this and it works as suspected. The trick is the user has to attempt to close the ticket and click “update”. Once the update button is clicked it will throw the error message and not actually update the ticket. 

Hello chief,

can you please guide us through the above , how did you do so  ?

we would like to try it out.

thanks in advance