Question

Employee Onboarding - Group View of Available Items

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am looking for a way to group the available service request items together on the hiring managers view in Employee Onboarding.  We offer a lot of hardware and software options to all of our new hires so when the hiring manager goes in to select the service items they need they are presented with a super long list of all items from the various Onboarding Kits that were setup in alphabetical order.  There is no grouping based on the kit or even the type of service request (hardware vs software).  It would be super helpful if they were presented a list of each Onboarding Kit, then could expand that kit and pick the items they need from each kit.  I have put in a feature request with support but without enough interest from other users I’m not too sure if it will ever be implemented.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?  If so, any tips or tricks to help with the organization?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Josh,

Hope you are doing well.

When building the onboarding kits, have you considered configuring these based on each job role? When you build a new Onboarding kit, you would be able to choose to apply for specific departments and specific reporting managers. This allows you to create onboarding kits specific to each function within your organisation and this might reduce the total number of service items that is displayed for your stakeholders to choose from. You can refer to the below solution article for more information.

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002364-building-onboarding-kits

Thanks,

Rajagopal

Team Freshservice

I am looking for a way to group the available service request items together on the hiring managers view in Employee Onboarding.  We offer a lot of hardware and software options to all of our new hires so when the hiring manager goes in to select the service items they need they are presented with a super long list of all items from the various Onboarding Kits that were setup in alphabetical order.  There is no grouping based on the kit or even the type of service request (hardware vs software).  It would be super helpful if they were presented a list of each Onboarding Kit, then could expand that kit and pick the items they need from each kit.  I have put in a feature request with support but without enough interest from other users I’m not too sure if it will ever be implemented.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?  If so, any tips or tricks to help with the organization?

We are a FW partner and have been experiencing this issue lately. Have you had any feedback regarding the feature request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @jyates, yes we are also dealing with a very similar situation. There is a constraint in place with the onboarding kits, you can only have a total of 30 service items added to a kit. When you have numerous pieces of software and hardware that you offer, this is taken up quickly. We have taken this to our CSM and product support members as an issue that hopefully they will look at.

Secondly, with the list being presented in alphabetical order there is the issue of grouping items as you mentioned. One way we worked around this was adding a descriptive title in parenthesis, for example (Service Department) Email Address Creation. We did this for all non hardware or software related items since the parenthesis will place them up at the top of the list. Not an elegant solution but gave us some sense of order.

I would take you suggestions and concerns and add them as an idea here so that others can upvote it and try to gain some traction with the product team. 

Hope this helps some, take care!