Question

Employee Onboarding Placeholders and Emails

• 3 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

I have two problems with employee onboarding.

I’m having trouble with placeholders in the employee onboarding process. I set up the process with the information we need from HR. Later on, I went back and added a couple more fields. The fields I added later do not show up in placeholders for workflow automations. I’ve tried to copy the syntax from ones that show up but it’s not working. For example:

{{ticket.onboarding_request.actor_1.cf_employee_name}}  - Added first, shows up and works

{{ticket.onboarding_request.actor_1.cf_announcement_text}} - Added later, doesn’t show up and not work

Any reason these placeholders are not showing up in the workflow automations?

Second issue. When an onboarding request is generated it creates a ticket with no information. How can I get the information that HR fills out in the onboarding request?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I figured out why the new fields are showing as placeholders. They are checkboxes and paragraph text. Is there a way to pass a paragraph of text to the workflow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,

I have two problems with employee onboarding.

I’m having trouble with placeholders in the employee onboarding process. I set up the process with the information we need from HR. Later on, I went back and added a couple more fields. The fields I added later do not show up in placeholders for workflow automations. I’ve tried to copy the syntax from ones that show up but it’s not working. For example:

{{ticket.onboarding_request.actor_1.cf_employee_name}}  - Added first, shows up and works

{{ticket.onboarding_request.actor_1.cf_announcement_text}} - Added later, doesn’t show up and not work

Any reason these placeholders are not showing up in the workflow automations?

Second issue. When an onboarding request is generated it creates a ticket with no information. How can I get the information that HR fills out in the onboarding request?

Checked I can’t see PH for paragraph fields. Strange  never thought of it as it works for SR and INC fields 

You need to add the fields in the Create ticket section. Then will the Data be passed to next ticket.