Solved

End User Portal - Logging Incidents

• 18 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

The problem that i am trying to solve is that when users log incident tickets with my team via the end user portal we would like to ask them some predefined questions based on which product/service they select. 

Example, in the form if they select API as the category then can we use dynamic fields to ask them specific questions? Example: “What is the request you are making”.

We essentially want to get as much information from them at the beginning so we can investigate and we are likely to resolve it quicker for them. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to implement this effectively. 

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 19 October 2022, 05:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @megglestone 

Yes, totally.

You can use Business Rules for Forms, and set them for Requesters:

You can create all the necessary fields and, for instance, hide or show them depending on the Requester’s selections.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Elvis.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Initially we struggled with getting more information to find that user requests were typically categorized into requesting common things. From the most common requested incidents we created a service catalog of Application Requests or Hardware Replacement requests, etc It was a little difficult to transition users from just filing a ticket to search through the service catalog but by automating service Requests they realized they get quicker responses.

You can so use dynamic fields to craft the asking for more information on requests.