Solved

Expression Builder in Workflow

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have a service request where I added some checkboxes to the custom fields , and I want to use a workflow to produce tasks based on whether or not the checkboxes are checked.

I found in the expression builder where I can see the custom fields (placeholders, service request, search by service item, etc), but I’m stumped as to how to phrase the expression so that I know if something is checked or not.  Is it Boolean?  Is it a numeric value like -1=checked, 0=unchecked? 

Anyone with suggestions?

icon

Best answer by vishal.abraham 18 August 2022, 14:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Jim! Thanks for your query! @Ammar KB @vishal.abraham might be able to help you with this query.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The best way to check this is to pipe the value of the placeholder into a note to understand the values stored. But you can use ‘true’ to see if it is checked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

thank you for the replies @rashmi.nag and @vishal.abraham …

so how do I construct this expression?  Is it boolean or string? is it an if statement?

Many thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Jim, the return type can be anything, based on the values you configure for True and False outputs.I’ve used string as an output below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

thank you so much @vishal.abraham , this is what I needed….

Cheers!

Badge +2

Workflow designers can use the expression builder node to help meet these advanced automation requirements by performing operations like adding numbers together, replacing a portion of a text string, comparing strings, and manipulating date/date-time fields.