Question

Filter tickets based on two items?

• 7 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

We are new to FreshService. I’m getting my views set up for ticket lists, and have apparently run into a basic feature that FreshService can’t do.

I need to see two kinds of tickets in my ticket list.  1) Tickets which are assigned to me and also 2) Tickets which are assigned to a building.  Seems like this should be easy, but support chat says it’s not possible.

I can create a filter on the right for tickets which have me as the agent, and I can create a different filter which have tickets that have my building (which is “Valley”).  But I can’t create a filter that will show me tickets that have EITHER me as the agent OR Valley as the building.

Maybe I wasn’t describing it right to the support agent.  Does anyone have a way I can achieve this or is this a shortcoming of the software?

Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I think the support chat is right unfortunately..

The filters do not cater for “or” as far as I'm aware… they are all “and” filters. 

The way i would get around it and it is not really a solution…. is in a dashboard. you can then see the total number of all your building tickets in one widget and then the total number of tickets assigned to you in another widget. Not a great answer but the only other way is to flick between two lists, unless someone else has a better solution…

Sorry for not being too helpful...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks @afautley for the suggestion.  Certainly not ideal.  This seems like a basic feature, and is something I’m used to from our previous system we just came from, so this is certainly a downside of FreshService.

Other suggestions welcome from others!

So if I want to suggest this as a feature request, does anyone know where I would post such a thing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @sundermannc - unfortunately View logic is pretty weak tea as you’ve observed where the View cannot handle “OR” logic.

View filters also cannot do “NOT” - as in NOT this 1 thing so I have to positively name all 100 things in the filter.  le sigh.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@sundermannc , just create a topic at the top right of this page. 

then select Idea.

best to check if it has been submitted before after you put a relevant title in. then just send.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @sundermannc - unfortunately View logic is pretty weak tea as you’ve observed where the View cannot handle “OR” logic.

View filters also cannot do “NOT” - as in NOT this 1 thing so I have to positively name all 100 things in the filter.  le sigh.

Ha!  Ya, I’ve also experienced this frustration too!  Funny how when we were testing out this FreshService system, we tested a lot of scenarios, but basic ticket filtering was not one because… well…  “of course it should be able to do that….”  🙃

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @sundermannc - unfortunately View logic is pretty weak tea as you’ve observed where the View cannot handle “OR” logic.

Ha!  Ya, I’ve also experienced this frustration too!  Funny how when we were testing out this FreshService system, we tested a lot of scenarios, but basic ticket filtering was not one because… well…  “of course it should be able to do that….”  🙃

Agreed,  they are great at fancy new features but it’s very frustrating that some basic things, like excluding a category in a view, isn’t possible.  It also frustrates me that their analytics is so metric driven but drilling down in graph to see the details isn’t possible.  Metrics are great but you can’t act on a number without understanding the detail.   Should be a simple as clicking the data point in the graph.