Question

Freshservice Analytics - Time entries

• 4 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is there a way to use analytics to determine the amount of time our agents have spent assisting each department?  I don’t really see a metric for time entries, and the other time based metrics don’t quite seem to provide what I’m looking for.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@frnate  are you looking for something like this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @frnate .

Yes. By default, when you add a widget to a page in a report in Analytics, it is based on Tickets; but there are other sources available for Analytics.

You need to scroll all the way down within the available options in order to find the source Timesheet:

In this, you have: Total Hours, Billable Hours and Non Billable Hours.

Once selected the source, and adapting the function you need with you, you may add group by Ticket - Department - Name and Ticket - Agent, and that should provide what you need.

Ensure to set a Filter according to your chosen Date range Dimension:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Elvis

Badge

Tracking time for a ticket can be done by navigating to its details page on the ticket you wish to track time for. Individual tickets can be opened by clicking on them. You can find the Time Tracked section on the right pane.

Badge

Thanks Elvis, that’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for!

Once selected the source, and adapting the function you need with you, you may add group by Ticket - Department - Name and Ticket - Agent, and that should provide what you need.

Hi Elvis, @eeha0120 

How are you grouping by ‘department’? Not seeing it as an option after following your above steps. Is this only for users with certain permissions or has this feature been eliminated? 

All the best!