Solved

FreshService and PowerAutomate with Okta Auth

• 11 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to connect freshservice to power automate.  I have been told by both Microsoft and Freshservice this cannot be done due to using Okta.  I am trying to use the power automate custom connector but I just don’t know how to fill it out properly.  

Here is the Auto task I want to make:

https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/details/185f8ad3feed4ba19b6bdfae021eca28/create-a-freshservice-ticket-when-a-form-is-submitted-with-microsoft-forms/

I have been trying to use https://api.freshservice.com/v2/ and I was able to fill out the curl request, but I am not sure how to get that translated over to Power Automate.  I also thought about using the OAuth 2.0 but Okta uses SAML2.0.

I have also tried the information from:

but it uses basic auth and not much help on the custom connector.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 12 July 2022, 15:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Interestingly enough that is exactly what I am using at this time (Thank you for building it and sharing).  We had an issue and a few failures.  I saw there was one that hooks directly in to Freshservice and I wanted to see the extra usability of that, but I ran in to the issue above.  Thank you for the response, cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I was able to authenticate the Freshservice Connector. I had to give it a title, use my agent API Key for the Username field, and just pass an “x” in the password field just as if we were making curl requests or POST requests from postman. Then enter the url of your freshservice instance. Once that was good to go. I am now able to fill out the ticket form fields required by the Freshservice API

Hope that helps some. Take care!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was able to authenticate the Freshservice Connector. I had to give it a title, use my agent API Key for the Username field, and just pass an “x” in the password field just as if we were making curl requests or POST requests from postman. Then enter the url of your freshservice instance. Once that was good to go. I am now able to fill out the ticket form fields required by the Freshservice API

Hope that helps some. Take care!

That worked perfectly!  I saw that you could just pass the API key through and use random char. for the password but I thought that was only through the curl part, I hadn’t tried it in the username and password.  Thank you very much for your time and help on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @kfichtner I have actually built this out. We have a Microsoft Form that gets filled out by an end user, I then listen to the response in power automate, get the form details, and use those to trigger an email to our support email address, which creates a ticket in freshservice.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Awesome! I see what you mean now. I would have to look into the Forms-Freshservice connector. I assume the freshservice connector just parses and passes along the necessary fields to create a ticket using the Freshservice API. But when I get a chance I will mess around with it and see what I can find out :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No problem @kfichtner, Glad we were able to get it to work! 💪