Solved

Freshservice API V2 issue with Get Requester ID

• 14 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi 

I am in the process of upgrading my integration (using Make.com) with V2 of the Freshservice API.

V1 /api/requesters/[id]  worked without issue.

However, I’ve notived that /api/v2/requesters/[id] is not returning all users when requested.

Specifically, it seems to be problem when users who are also Agents, raise a ticket.

I believe the Requester ID and Agent ID will be the same. However, when I search on a Requester that is also an agent in V2, I get an error “You are not authorised”. It works fine with Requesters that are not agents.

Cheers

adbell

icon

Best answer by mfedele 14 March 2023, 11:12

View original

7 replies

Hey adbell,

We will have to check the roles. Could you please drop us an email - support@freshservice.com 

We will get this checked. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @adbell 

The Agent who executes the API Call needs to have this role enabled to request Agents List :

Badge

Thanks Swathi and Mathieu

That makes sense. It would be great if I could still access the agents details like in like V1 (without authorisation for managing them) as I am just seeking the email address of the Requester (which are sometimes also Agents).

I don’t think I’ll be able to get manage agents access as it is a client site.

However, I will build some error handling logic in Make and swap to a Mapping Table if it is unable to access the details. So I have a better understanding of the problem and a solution. :)

Thanks again.

Adrian

Badge

Thanks again. I have a similar issue with Get Ticket and using the Get Ticket Comments via API.

Do you know if this also requires the Operational Admin to retrieve tickets?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks again. I have a similar issue with Get Ticket and using the Get Ticket Comments via API.

Do you know if this also requires the Operational Admin to retrieve tickets?

Thanks again

You get the same info as the API agent do in web gui. 

Badge

Hi

I can view the tickets and comments without issue within the Freshservice Web Portal.

However, when using Make/Integromat (Get Ticket) to access the data from API V2,

I get the following message 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hmm, I have always worked with a user that is admin