Freshservice Discovery Agent

• 2 August 2017
  • 5 replies

So I've installed the agent on about 10 machines in the last week or so.. this morning I went to check on them in inventory to make sure they were organized appropriately and such, and it turns out not a single install is reporting.  I have only used this once in the past as a proof of concept and it worked beautifully.  Is there some special trick I may be missing?  I am using the latest available installer from my admin portal.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please share the logs files from one of the agents with us, will check and keep you posted.

I assume it's Windows Machines, if yes the location of logs is C:\Program Files (x86)\Freshdesk\Freshservice Discovery Agent\logs

If not, please let me know the OS type, will share the location accordingly.

Please email us the logs to support@freshservice.com

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jayesh
Freshservice Support

So I checked for that directory on 2 of the machines and the \logs dir did not exist.  I re-ran the installer that was in the FDA root and then the logs folder appeared and it seems to now be querying the machine.  I'll check again in a few to see if it is transmitted back to my FS db.

Is there a step to re-run this installer after the initial install package I missed?

After re-running the installer from the C:\programfiles(x86)\Freshdesk\Fresh Service Discover Agent it has initialized and worked on the remaining computers.  Should this be a necessary step?  I believe on the first one I did all I had to do was run the installer from the USB drive I had it copied to.

Hi John,

Can you please confirm whether the installation was done remotely, I mean remote deployment?

Because, normally when the agent is installed, it creates the log when the installation is initiated.

Jayesh
Freshservice Support

No, it was installed while sitting at the console of each machine.

Thank you,

John