Solved

Freshservice end-user portal - Send ticket to group

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,

I’m sure this has been asked a million times, but I don't see anything when searching.

We have users who use the portal, however we want to be able to route those resulting tickets to a particular group, based on a custom field within the new ticket form. 

Is this possible with customisation and workflow Automator? If so where would I even start with that?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 13 May 2022, 16:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey Jon,

Since you already have the custom field created, you want to go to the Workflow Automator. If you see the example below, you can configure the workflow as such:

• Event:
    Ticket is Raised
  • Condition:
    Source is Portal
    JonP Field is value
  • Action:
    Assign to group is value

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @JonP, no worries, we can help you out. So is the custom field available on the form you show requesters in the portal? In any case you can use workflow automator to isolate those tickets by a conditional block that checks for the specific value of that field and then use the action block to route the ticket to a specific group.

Here is an example:

Hope this helps you out. Let us know if you have any further questions. Take care :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hey Jon,

Since you already have the custom field created, you want to go to the Workflow Automator. If you see the example below, you can configure the workflow as such:

• Event:
    Ticket is Raised
  • Condition:
    Source is Portal
    JonP Field is value
  • Action:
    Assign to group is value

My man @kcbates, quick on the draw!!! I would listen to this guy, he knows what he is talkin’ about! 😎

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the swift and comprehensive replies!

I have the automator in place but how do I show this field in the end user portal, and can I make it a mandatory field as well? I know a bit of HTML but not much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the swift and comprehensive replies!

I have the automator in place but how do I show this field in the end user portal, and can I make it a mandatory field as well? I know a bit of HTML but not much!

If you look at my picture above for the custom field you can see that you can make it a mandatory field, and the column that mentions requester visibility is indicative of how the field acts in the portal.

To create these fields you need to go to Admin > Field Manager > Form Fields, and then you can create any type of form field you would like.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Amazing stuff! Thanks so much team! :D

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@JonP - in addition to all the great stuff above, there’s a nice feature where you can add comments onto the form to provide additional direction or support to the users who are completing the form.

I really like the Quote para type - it produces a comment prefixed by a bar and slight indent then the text as you can see here.