Question

Freshservice Intergation with Microsoft Sentinel

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

There was a thread on this question started over a year ago but no answer.  I am trying to setup integration between Microsoft Sentinel and Freshservice for a customer of mine.  We have the automation playbook setup using an example from another service desk logic app.  We are using the freshservice connector.  IT is asking for the username and password.  I am assuming this is an API username and password?  When trying an account and after creating an API Key for that account the connector still doesn’t connect.  

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. More diagnostic information: x-ms-client-request-id is 'A2FFE59B-BCD0-493A-9AA6-E1AF4AB16461'.

3 replies

Badge

Ok. So I think I figured it out.  I had assumed it was going to need API access.  Which it may in the back end.  I was using my newly created demo workspace and had never verified my account.  Once I did that, and used the account for user name and the existing password it worked.

My question, is there a better more secure way to connect a logic apps to Freshservice and not use a user name? 

Badge

However, still running into an issue… it is asking for a requester id.  This I am assuming is the id of the person requesting the ticket?  How do you pass this on in an logic app?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

However, still running into an issue… it is asking for a requester id.  This I am assuming is the id of the person requesting the ticket?  How do you pass this on in an logic app?  

E-mail should suffice but if not you need to need to use the requester endpoint and filter on the e-mail. Then you get the number ID of the requester. 

If it’s a API call you need to use the API key from a ADMIN agent account. 
username is the key and the password can be anything.