Solved

Freshservice : Login

• 10 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

Since we are using Google as our mail server, I enabled only the Google login for all the users so that no unauthorize user can access

however, I have now 1 external agent that is using Microsoft mail, I already created his agent account but not sure how she will be logging in to the system

icon

Best answer by sanofar.allahpichai 17 February 2022, 19:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @raymondcanilao,

For the user with Microsoft account email to login to Freshservice, you will have to enable the Freshworks login method.

Or you can mark them as an Organization admin and they can use the bypass URL to sign in without Google login. This is the bypass URL for org admins:

domain.freshworks.com/login/normal OR domain.myfreshworks.com/login/normal

Also you can enable ‘Email Domain Restriction’ under Admin → Support Channels, to allow users only from authorized domains to sign in to your Freshservice portal.

Regards,
Sanofar
Team Freshservice

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you, sanofar.allahpichai.

Another question, is there a way to hide the service request/catalog on this external agents? i just want them to view all tickets assigned to them but not the service catalog.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@raymondcanilao,

You could restrict the visibility of service items based on requester and agent groups (Admin → Service Catalog → Service Item → Edit)

But if you wish to hide the entire Service Catalog for one user on the support portal, I think we can achieve this using a custom jQuery script. The script will vary depending on whether your account is in SSP v1 or v2. So please write to us at support@freshservice.com and we’ll share it with you.

Cheers!
Sanofar
Team Freshservice